Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Turn My Headphones Up - August 2013


Part of me is about 200% certain that I left my USB stick with Friday's show plugged into the computer at the station, which is just another reason why I can't have nice things (because I tend to just forget them places. Hopefully someone is not just like, "Hey, free USB stick" - not because I was particularly attached to it, but because it's got some shit on that I never got around to saving something else. I thought I was doing myself a favor by leaving my smartphone out of the whole process this month, but whatevs. Nothing I can do about it right now.

I'll be in Berlin for a few days, so I won't be able to retrieve the audio until I get back.

As far as shows go, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome of this one. I scrapped a good chunk from the playlist in the middle of the week to play some old Beginner, Fünf Sterne Deluxe, and Deichkind tracks to pay tribute to the Beats auf der Bahn Festival where they're all playing on August 28th. Ironically, I'm not even gonna be at that festival either. But I hadn't listened to a bunch of those songs in awhile and, hell, I just wanted to hear them.

I've been listening to the bell hooks album by a group called BBU quite a bit, as of late. I really enjoy it, so I was pretty psyched to play a few of their tracks. And, of course, new K.Flay is basically always my favorite thing to talk about on the radio.

Anyway, here's the playlist, plus links to listen/download tracks (where applicable)



El-P & Killer Mike – Sea Legs
King Fantastic ft. AWOLNATION – Surf’s Up
XV – Awesome
Action Bronson – Blackbird
Absolute Beginner – Das Boot
Fünf Sterne Deluxe – Dein Herz Schlägt schneller
Absolute Beginner – Nie Nett (Sleepwalker Rmx)
Deichkind ft Nico Suave & Dendemann – T2wei
Fünf Sterne Deluxe – Willst du mit mir gehen?
Aboslute Beginner – Mikro in der Hand
Deichkind – Kabeljau Inferno
Hood Internet – Kendrick Lamar / IAMNOBODY – Bitch, don't kill my vibe/BDKMV
XV - Must Be Cray
Twista & Bun-B – Bounce
K.Flay – Starfvcker
BBU – The Hood
BBU – Chi Don’t Dance
BBU ft Das Racist – Please No Pictures

FELT – Like Vegas (Wick-it rmx)
Redman, Method Man, & Erick Sermon – Let’s Go
Curren$y – Rapper Weed
Danger Dan – Cool
Big Baby Ghandi – Grant Green 2
TREE – No Faces ft. Danny Brown
Big Baby Ghandi – Annie Hall
Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre – Nuthin but a G Thang (Metic’s Summertime Bootleg)
Just a Touch – Wolf Pack

No comments: