Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It's Confession Wednesday over at OkayPlayer




Hooray for Boobies!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Personally, I don't really want a product that I'm supposed to eat "filtered" through anyone's "cleavage". Still, it's one of the funniest things I've seen recently (not counting that dumb Sprint commercial where the guy is singing "Where the hood at?" to the tune of "Karma Chameleon"...which, I confess, is nevertheless very funny to me).

Hmm, what else? I also must admit that I spent way too much time last night playing around on this page. It's mesmorizing...

Lastly, I got tagged by Cupcake (who posted a hilariously disurbing story about Smith concerning her hairdryer and a Smithie who liked to go commando). Anyway, Cupcake asked for a list of:

"...seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to."

So, here it is, my Top 7 songs for the week:

1. "Talkin' Bout a Revolution" by Reel Big Fish

There is no shortage of love on my end for RBF. Even though I wouldn't consider myself a huge Tracy Chapman fan, this is definitely one of my favorite songs by her -- I'm all about revolutions.

2. "Dirty Girl" by Felt (Murs and Slug)

I've been bumpin the Felt Vol. 2 Album A Tribute to Lisa Bonet off and on for about a week now. This is one of my fave tracks off the album. Slug (from Atmosphere) is fixin to win the Mulatto of the Year award from me.

3. "Automatique" by Blackalicious

I really like Blackalicious, especially because of the MC, Gift of Gab. I'm not totally feeling their new album The Craft...except this cut. I dig this song.

4. "Cross my Mind" by Jill Scott

The kind of song that you play on repeat, then crack open a bottle of wine, drink straight from the bottle, sit on the floor with the lights dimmed and wonder what the hell happened to you...until the urge to drunk dial someone passes...*sigh* not that I've ever actually done that... *sigh*

5. "Nimm's leicht" by Curse featuring Pete Rock

The antedote to #4.

6. "Fly that Knot" by Talib Kweli featuring MF DOOM

I must concur, I also do not know why people try to be live when they're not...I wish they'd stop.

7. "Say it Again" by Little Brother

"They never could out pit us/Try to think fast, but never could outwit us/ The only thing that they could ever do is outfit us/ When clothes fit strange/ I'm playin Rick James/ 'Fuck yo couch, nigga!'" Just a feel good song.

Runner up: "Dunnt Anthem" by Dunnt

The beat is hella hot and I love the line, "It's Jewlius Caesar you don't want no part/Of the greatest posse cut since the Ides of March"


That's it really, except for the people who I'm tagging: Miss Fee, A. Neezy, Bu, André, Wonfuzius, Remy B., Tobitob.

Confess your musical sins (or whatever the opposite of a sin is...)

No comments: