Social Icons

Pages

Friday, January 06, 2006

Filler Post #18 - Good news, everyone...

Happy...Tuesday!

Today is the first day of my new shift -- 2:30pm-11pm. The good news, you ask? I get off before midnight and I get to sleep in.

But wait, there's more...

I finally have my own key to the house, which is something I haven't had since high school. Not having a key hasn't been an issue, because there is usually someone at the house who could let me inside. However, a few weeks ago, no one was home and I had to climb in through a window. I haven't had to do that since the 4th grade...and I'm sure I looked quite ridiculous doing it, quite similar to Cupcake's episode in which she scaled a fence with the help of some bystanders to catch her train back to New York City. Except there were no cute bystanders to lend me a hand, just my neighbor staring at me curiously through the gap in our fence, while I had one leg through the window trying to latch onto a dining room chair and drag it towards me. My legs are short and the "drop", though not lethal, would not have been pleasant (to my crotchal area). Plus, it was dark, so I froze in my tracks when I saw my neighbor in her backyard -- I was halfway inside, halfway hanging out of the window -- I waved to her and said, "It's ok, it's me, I forgot my key." A boldfaced lie, since I didn't have a key in the first place, but I didn't want her to call the police.

And so, to avoid ever being in that rather compromising position again, I now have my own key...and that is good.

Last bit of good news before your weekend starts and I begin the second day of my work week...

Futurama may be coming back. The rumors of Family Guy returning took almost 2 years to come true, but it's back and awesomer than ever. I shall keep Futurama in my prayers...and Chappelle's Show...and Arrested Development.

No comments: