Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Filler Post #21 - I have (a) fan(s), how you like me now, dick?

I took a "Mental Health Day" today, which more or less means, "I'm not really sick, but I'm not planning on staying at this job for much longer, so I will frivolously use up my sick days for the year, at my fucking discretion."

Why?

Well, because: 1.) It's the company's tough shit for giving me a set amount of hours that I can call in absent and still get paid. 2.) Going to work sick sucks, even though it's worth it if I infect at least six other people. 3.) Blee blee, blah blah...fuckity fuck fuck...kiss my ass.

Wait...lost my train of thought....

Oh yes, also my Mental Health Day coincides with my regular days off, so I still have two days to "get shhhiiiit done".

Lemme tell you what...I'm in pretty good spirits, all things considered, because I recently got word from my loan people. Normally, this is not good news, but in my case it is, because in December 2005, I got a letter from a *gasp of gasps* collection agency!

Apparently my Perkins Loan, which I thought was in deferment for the past year that I was in Germany, had actually gone into default...thank you very fucking much Deutsche Post. So, I had a bill collector on my ass (not in the "good way") since the end of November. Needless to say, I was quite worried, for according to Mr. Bill Collector, I was expected to pay the entire amount of the loan (somewhere in the range of "ungodly") or at least 1/3 of the enitre amount as a "payment of good faith" (which was roughly 1/3 of ungodly).

Anyway, now that it's all been settled, it is a huuuuuge load off my mind. So, I've been able to get around to much more important things, such as answering long overdue fan mail.

From: Guy who used to listen my radio show
To: Lebrookski
Subject: german hip-hop
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:28:56 -0500


to Raven,
Hello this is ****** I don't know if you remember me but you made 4
awesome german hiphop cds for me. I used to listen to you late night in
NOHO. I wanted to see if there was a way to get some more music from you
I would be willing to pay for them if need be, 3 of the 4 CD's have been
taken and I miss them very much. Thanks for your time,
cheers,
*****


Ahhh...nice to get back to the important things in life.

No comments: