Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Is it hot in herre, or is it just...oh wait, no...




Today's forecast for hell? Slightly frozen, but thawing
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning for work to find about three inches of snow on the ground.

In and of itself, this is no amazing feat. There are places where it snows much more and, in fact, in the past it's actually snowed in Oklahoma much more than this during the winter.

What surprises me more is that:

A.) I got off of work fairly late last night and sure it was chilly, but it wasn't "about to snow" chilly.

B.) It's been a warm winter...even for Oklahoma. I mean, we normally have at least one really big ice storm during the season. This year? Not so much.

C.) If you haven't heard, we've been having a little bit of trouble with wildfires lately.

It kinda backs up that whole saying, "Don't like the weather in Oklahoma? Wait 5 minutes." But then people go, "Yeah we say that where I'm from too." Then I say, "Trust me, douche, just wait 5 minutes." At which time a tornado sucks them up...

Just over the weekend, the weather was in the 60s/70s and people were breaking out the flipflops and t-shirts again...and now this?! Ladies and Gentlemen, can I get a big, "What the fuck?!" To top it all off, despite the snow, the state is still under a burn ban -- meaning no outdoor fires or grilling. Burn bans are not new to me, we have them like every summer (something about how fire, dry brush, and high wind aren't a good combination). But c'mon guys...it just snowed...it's cold outside...why are we grilling?

You want those lines on your meat?

Get a damn George Foreman Grill...and stay your dumb ass the fuck inside...

No comments: