Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

#3




It's not what you think, I think...I'm drunk off life...and beer
Image hosting by Photobucket


Once again, it's that time. Time to shrug off the chains placed on us by "The Man"

*ahem*

No, but seriously, I get home from work so fucking late, which is only the fault of "The Man" in a roundabout way...mostly it's just a really sucky feature of my life at the moment. The second worst thing about getting off of work so late is that when I get home, I can't just curl up and go to bed (which is pretty much all I think about when I'm at work anyway). No, by the time I get back home, I'm not tired at all. So I'm usually awake until about 3am.

And the worst thing, is that by the time I get home...there's not even really anything good on TV...well there's Conan O'Brien (the whole thing about how he looks like the president of Finland...hilarious). However, aside from Conan the only thing I find worth watching is Comedy Central.

In and of itself, this isn't a bad thing, save for the never-ending advertisements for Girls Gone Wild, that -- for a very good reason -- irk me to no end. So, when the revolution gets here...

I plan to ban the use of generic calypso music in the Girls Gone Wild commercials.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with titties. In fact, if I thought it would help the cause...there would be as many titties as possible available for those who are titty-inclined.

However, I cannot condone the use of calypso music or, more specifically, the steel drum, to promote drunken debauchery and flagrant breast flashing of young collegiate women. Sorry, but the steel drum is like the national instrument of the Motherland (aka Trinidad) and, as such, should be treated with the utmost respect...

Of course, the exception is at Carnival time...

but then again, in that case, we're talkin 'bout my people then, now aren't we?

Yeah...whole different story altogether...

So, listen up, Girls Gone Wild people...leave the calypso alone...start using fuckin Whitesnake or Def Leppard or some other damn stripper music in your ads....and we'll get along just fine...

No comments: