Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Obey my dog




"No, I was wack."
Image hosting by Photobucket


When I was at Smith I used to plan out my path to and from classes and/or town based on the route which would take me uphill the least amount of times. It probably affected my first year the most, when most of my classes were in McConnell and Sabin-Reed, but it also influenced how I would walk down Bedford Terrace to go into town and walk around that big-ass hill to get back. It was an inevitable uphill tramp, but the lesser of two evil (hills).

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against hills...well, actually, that's not completely true. Hills are dumb. However, like Miss Fee (or was it Mrs. Fee* -- how's she doing, by the way?)...anyway, one of those Fee women was always talking about how my accent is long and flat like the wide open plains. So, really, if you think about it...I can't help my quirky ways...

Anyhow, I don't have to really worry about hills in Oklahoma. The few that we do have, we call mountains and that little tipoff is enough to help me avoid them. These days, I've got a new way of getting things done.

It's called: avoid making left turns into heavy traffic.

Whenever I go to do run errands, I like to complete them in a circular pattern making as few left turns as possible. Why? I don't know...

Left-hand turns are dumb**.




*= Not the real Mrs. Fee
**= No, offense to my wonderfully left-handed friends Miss Fee and Vijita...

No comments: