Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sweet Home Oklahoma




Hell yeah that canal is fake...what of it?!
Image hosting by Photobucket


Let's just get this out of the way. I like being from Oklahoma. I like going to other places, but coming back to Oklahoma City always feels really nice. Sure, I clown on my home state/city a lot and scoff at the contradictions (e.g. airports named after guys that died in a plane crash or how we're the only state in the union where tattooing is still illegal, but we REALLY want to be a permanent home to an NBA team), but I don't like when other people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about clown Oklahoma (and, more generally, places that they've never been).

It's kinda like how I can say that I've got three sisters that are psychos...like seriously psycho...but I swear if I hear that shit coming out of anyone else's mouth...it's beatdown time. I can say that because I know them. Well, I'm not gonna beat you down for talking shit about Oklahoma...but if you've never actually been here...well...can it.

Want another parallel? It's like how I can say that I don't like Paderborner Pilsener -- cause I've tried it, and I don't -- but then base my whole opinion of Paderborn, Germany (where I've never been) on that one crappy beer. That's not such a good comparison, I just want to make sure Toby is paying attention.

Anyway...I think what I'm trying to say is that there are lots of great places in OKC that people should know about...so I'm going to start highlighting them (whenever I feel like it) in my blog.

Eat your heart out, tourism board.






It's X-TREME!!
Image hosting by Photobucket


Ladies and Gentlemen...behold...The Beef Jerky Emporium. I couldn't have come up with a better name for a business myself. This modest shoppe is located a few miles away from my house. Can you guess what they sell? That's right...200 different varieties of dried meats. No, not just beef...but salmon...buffalo...alligator...you name it.

And as if that wasn't all...they sell hot sauce...lots and lots of hot sauce. And nuts.

Need I say more?

No comments: