Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Filler Post #26 - Testify

Springtime in Oklahoma. It's been warm, real warm, damn warm. The warmness, I don't mind so much. The blooming of trees and flowers and nature, however, get my eyes all a-waterin' and my nose a-runnin'.

I always (ALWAYS) forget how bad my allergies are when I'm in Oklahoma. Each time, I try to ignore it for as long as possible, until I'm forced to get some medication to thrwart the onslaught.

This afternoon was the breaking point for me, so I bought some off-brand Benadryl (Wal-Mart's Equate brand, ya herrd?!). That shit fucked me the fuck up, man.

I took two pills and 30 minutes later, I'm all drowsy (but thankfully de-congested) sprawled out on my bed and having a daydream about meeting Toby at Subway, where we got our fresh eatin' on, in the form of meticulously prepared subs by Subway Sandwich Artists, whilst discussing the merits of the new Blumentopf album.

Forget the part where there's not really a "new" Blumentopf album. This dream is totally all in German. I know this because I'm concentrating really hard to decipher what Toby is saying (because he talks real fast and uses fancy sentence constructions and I'm a dumbass).

So, yeah, the whole dream is in German, except for this bum that's sitting in the corner in the Subway and he just keeps shouting the chorus to "The Food" by Common:

I walked in the crib, got two kids
And my baby mama late - uh oh, uh oh, uh oh...
So I had to did, what I had to did
'Cause I had to get - do-ough, do-ough, do-ough...
I'm up all night, getting my money right
Until the blue and whites - po-po, po-po, po-po
Now the money coming slow, but a least a nigga know
Slow motion better than - no-o, no-o, no-o...


I have no idea what's that was supposed to mean, but I have a few good guesses:

1.) I need to brush up on my German
2.) I need to make a lunch appointment with Toby asap, but not at Subway, that ish is pricey. Akdeniz perhaps...?!
3.) Blumentopf needs to put out another album.
4.) It was dinner time and I shouldn't take allergy medicine on an empty stomach.

No comments: