Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Quickies #2




I've got nothing better to post.


Duty calls, so amuse youselves with the following links while I'm gone:

1.) "The Many Weird Things Men Look for in a Woman" - Sure, it's an awkward title and by "many" they really mean "ten", but it's still amusing.

2.) What should I read next? - It's quite possible that some of you have seen this site before. I just thought it was funny when I put in the last book I read, The Broke Diaries: The Completely True and Hilarious Misadventures of a Good Girl Gone Broke by OkayPlayer co-founder and fellow mulatto, Angela Nissel, it suggested that I also read, How to Rule the World: A Handbook for the Aspiring Dictator. Coincidence?

3.) For all of you cunning linguists out there: The Speech Accent Archive - Listen to people all over the world read the following passage in english:

Please call Stella. Ask her to bring these things with her from the store: Six spoons of fresh snow peas, five thick slabs of blue cheese, and maybe a snack for her brother Bob. We also need a small plastic snake and a big toy frog for the kids. She can scoop these things into three red bags, and we will go meet her Wednesday at the train station.

Then make fun of 'em or something.

4.) Happy Birthday, Robbyn. Enjoy the last year of your 20s.

No comments: