Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Filler Post #29 - *mphf*

Today is - sadly - the last day of my Super-Badass, Ultra-Awesome Vacation. I must say, it was everything I ever imagined...and then some. Believe me, I'm not being at all facetious here, because if there's one thing I know how to appreciate...it's 10 days...in a row...where I don't have to be present at work.

You know another thing I appreciate?

You guessed it...unexpected free stuff (By the way, Katie, your package arrived yesterday. You're so rad.)

However, I'm afraid after my experience this morning, I'm going to have to be a little more specific. I'm going to have to say that I'm not really down with unexpected free things that are also very painful to my face (I'll think of a clever way to phrase that later...)

I was scheduled to go in to do the molding for my crown, but instead my dentist told me, "Well, we actually should have taken out your wisdom tooth first and we should probably do that right now before we go any further" Which just seemed like a drastic deviation from the plan to me.

Thankfully, the dentist concluded the sentence above with, "...however, because we didn't discuss this during the initial treatment plan, I can pull it today and I won't charge you." So, that's what he did...and since I'm apparently a "good clotter" (ewwww), I got that sucker yanked and finished up the molds all within 3 hours.

That magical "f"-word does indeed soothe my soul. It does not, however, soothe my jaw.

"But that's what the drugs are for, Raven."

Yeah, well that shit ain't free.

No comments: