Social Icons

Pages

Monday, June 05, 2006

A light case of the sniffles

I've got a raging cold, it's great. I think I picked it up Saturday night on the way home from Won's birthday party. So now I've got all this nasal leakage which isn't at all attractive, especially when one is trying to make an ultra-cool first impression on one of your best friend's significant other.

Anyway, I pulled myself together as best as possible last night so that I could meet André's special lady friend. Turns out we've got a lot in common and it wasn't half as painful as I had imagined it would be. In fact, one could say that it went very well. She even took pity on me and my disgusting cold and concocted this horrible drink consisting of vodka, garlic, black pepper and honey. She was straight up with me when she said, "This is gonna taste like shit, but it'll help"

It was a pretty foul mixture, but it cleared the sinuses for a bit and made my sore throat go away.

In other news, I finally learned how to open a beer bottle with a lighter (without tearing up my hand in the process) -- and it only took me 5 years to learn. It makes me happy to think that I could possibly also apply the same technique for opening beer using other items found around the house and in nature...

but, you know, I'm taking baby steps.

No comments: