Social Icons

Pages

Monday, July 24, 2006

Notes from the weekend (and this morning)




"I bought this baby straight cash, son"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I'm not so much in the mood for a super long post, so I'm gonna bring you all up to speed all quick-like:

Friday:

After a week of intense waiting, André's new albums from Hip-Hop Vinyl.de FINALLY arrived. I'm now the proud co-owner of: This Week (Jean Grae), MM FOOD (MF DOOM), Madvillainy (Madlib & MF DOOM), Murray's Revenge (Murs & 9th Wonder), Industry Shakedown and Konexion (Freddie Foxxx), and lastly, Doggystyle (Snoop Dogg). Oh, and I also bought Tina Turner's Private Dancer at Checkpoint Charly for 1.50 euros...because I couldn't resist. Needless to say, we had plenty music to get us through the weekend.

Saturday:

Most of the morning was spent (by André and Alex) interviewing potential new roommates. I'm moving to a new apartment at the end of the week, but don't worry Dré...I promise that I will come by on a regular basis to veg out on your couch.

Their new (future) roommate is this chick whose parents came with her to look at the apartment. She's fresh outta German high school. If the boys are smart, they will use the parental hookups to get themselves a microwave.

Later, Wonfuzius, André and I went to a barbeque. Wonfuzius played soccer with small children. Tres cute. On the drive home, we listened to Salt n' Pepa on cassette.

Sunday:

Thanks to Wonfuzius -- driving instructor extraordinare -- I can get a manual transmission vehicle from first gear to third gear with minimal jerking. I can also drive in a circle and make both right and left turns. I got two eyewitnesses if you don't believe me.

Next stop: the ADAC driving course to hone my new found superpowers...and then...a real road. Watch out, bitches.

Which brings us to...Monday:

I had an interview this morning. It went pretty well, I think. I have a bit of homework to do to see if I make it to the next phase. I should hear something by the end of this week, beginning of next.

Of course, before I actually got to the place where the interview was supposed to be, I got a little bit lost. This is pretty much inevitable any time I go...anywhere. It wasn't so bad this morning, since it was just a matter of going out the wrong exit of the train station. It could have easily been avoided if I had bothered to read the big signs in the station.

However, had I read those signs, I would have missed this place:




I think, if you have low self esteem then you can't open a döner place. You have to believe deep down in your heart, that your döner kicks ass over all other döner.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


If there really were an Empire of Döner, I think they would be a great trading partner for Pirate Land. It would totally be beneficial for both countries. It's the kind of world that I'd love to live in.




Click for larger picture.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


However, as you can see from the map above, Bäckerei eventually broke away from the Empire of Döner and became a separate entity. This all took place during the Tzaziki War of 2015...

which was part of a crack-induced dream that I will have...9 years from today...

starting...

now.

*cough*

No comments: