Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Filler Post #34 - A Lot of Help From My Friends



The following stuff isn't very amusing, feel free to ignore it

1.) I was thinking about my mom today and how she used to get a kick out of watching Good Times*, probably the single most depressing sitcom in television history (seriously, REALLY listen to the words of the song). I should probably get in touch with folks back home.

2.) I also made the discovery today that a friend of mine went way above and beyond the call of duty. I'm touched beyond words. Regardless of what you say, it is a big deal to me. You know who you are.

-------------
*= This is the only clip of the Good Times theme that I could find. However, it's from my least favorite era of the show -- which is after James (the father) dies and Florida (the mother) gets remarried and moves to Arizona (?!) leaving her kids in the projects in Chicago. Yeah...and then Janet Jackson joined the cast as the annoying, abused neighbor kid. To top it all off, Thelma traded in her afro for braids...

No comments: