Social Icons

Pages

Friday, December 08, 2006

Filler Post #37 - City Blues

Sometimes when I feel like I need to hear a kind voice to pick up my spirits, I give Mo a ring. More specifically, I let his phone ring 3 times and then hang up. He calls me back within 30 minutes, then we spend the next two hours discussing some random topic, which not only ends up making me smile, but also gives me the opportunity to fill up my pre-paid cell phone with much-needed credit (since I get money credited to my phone whenever I get calls, and he's got a flatrate plan -- tres convenient)

At some point while talking yesterday, Mo was telling me about how patients in the hospital where he works often engage him in conversations revolving around religious topics -- which is something that the two of us do on occasion as well. What can I say? I like hearing about what other people believe in. It's never really a debate and it normally starts off with a serious tone, until some kind of Mo-isms gets thrown in and shakes things up.

So, he's telling me about a patient of his who had been telling him about the Greek origins of the "Jesus fish" and the ties to Christianity and so forth. Mo was going on and on about this conversation, while I listened intently.

After awhile his voice kind of started to trail off and without really ending the story he was like, "Yeah it was kind of interesting stuff...I would have liked to talk to him a little bit more about it, but..."

"But what?"

"But his penis was bleeding and it was starting to really gross me out."

It's difficult to describe what it's like hanging out with Mo, but if you look at the absurdity of the situation above you can maybe kind of get the idea of the type of guy he is. Maybe. I don't know. But this is the kind of stuff that happens to him all the time. Ok, not the bleeding penises part...but overall kind of absurd part...

At any rate, I nearly choked on my laughter when he told me that. Thanks for the distraction, dude.

No comments: