Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Filler Post #44 - Excuses, excuses

As far as weeks go, this last one wasn't that great. After I realized that it was my mom's birthday at the beginning of the week, I sort of just half-assedly plodded my way through the rest of the days in kind of a general malaise. I was gonna write some kind of post for her, but somehow the thought of doing that just made me feel a lot worse.

However, Schmidt cooked me some Spaghetti Carbonara and we watched First Blood together, which made me feel a little better. On the other hand, I'd like to apologize to the other people I flaked out on this weekend. Namely Toby and Trini Mutti... especially Toby because this is like the 3rd time I've done this, making my actions completely unacceptable. I will have to do something big to make it up to him, like cook him dinner (don't laugh...I'm totally serious here).

Other "notable" things to happen this week:

* My döner guy asked me out on a date. About two months ago (give or take) he finally mustered up the courage to ask me how old I am. Upon discovering that I am 25 and not 16 (like he assumed) he started being super nice to me (not that he was mean to me before). Anyway, though this may look like a free ticket to Dönerville at first glance, I have the feeling that he thinks that taking me to the movies is like purchasing an Einzelfahrt nach Poppenbüttel, which is just wrong in so many ways. It's like I told Schmidt, "Don't dip your pen in the company döner." Plus, I'm sure many of you can recall my experience with the Falafel König. Looks like I'm in the market for a new döner shop to patronize... which shouldn't be so difficult considering...

* I gotta move out of my current digs by April 20th...for reasons I will not get into on the internets. I hate moving and looking for apartments, especially in Germany, but Schmidt and I have activated our Wonder Twin powers to hopefully make it happen, even if it means that I'll be back living in a blanket fort in his room for awhile.

* I ate some cream puffs last night and learned that "cream puff" in German is Windbeutel, which translates to "windbag". This is at once very amusing and very sad to me, because it reminds me of whenever me and my siblings used to bug our mom with questions about what she was gonna make for dinner. She would eventually reply, "Wind pie."

Then, she would rip a fart and laugh at us.

Cream puffs would have been so much better though, Ma...

No comments: