Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Six months and counting...

In Oklahoma there's this saying. Actually, it's probably not just in Oklahoma...but a thought popped into my head this evening (or last night, cause it's about 3am right now) and the response (also in my head) that immediately followed was one that I heard often while growing up, mostly from adults trying to be funny...

I thought to myself, "This is so not fair."

And then, "Of course it isn't. The fair only comes once a year...and it ain't September yet."

I can think of at least ten matters right now that are a bit more pressing than being mentally preoccupied with a great guy I recently met and the fact that the timing of this occurence just pretty much blows. Which in turn, sucks. If I were to sum up my feelings about it in the form of a smiley, I think I'd go with :-P (which is like "Oh, poop -- this isn't fair" and then you have to stick out your tongue and make that poop sound to emphasize the point)

Anyway, I guess I'll wrap of this week gratuitous YouTube video posting...with another video that I have been watching to distract myself from it all. At least for 1 minute and 30 seconds:



See? Now don't you feel like your brain has been all flushed out after watching that? Thought so...

Happy weekend, everyone!

[EDIT: Just for good measure I woke up this morning and watched the clip, yet again. Priceless. Anyway, I'm not an expert on street gang hand gesticulation...I think they covered a lot of the old standards, but I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of Vulcan salutes thrown up in there (though I suppose that might be the sign for the notorious gang, the Compton Prime Directivez...). One thing's for sure, I'd steer clear of any gang that uses The Shocker as their sign...]

No comments: