Social Icons

Pages

Friday, June 01, 2007

Filler Post #48 - Brought to you in part by Hansenet



Well, there's finally an internet connection at the new crib. This is good because I can finally get back to posting regularly. Whenever I'd go to the nearby internet café to check my email, I'd think about writing an update, but it's pretty much impossible for me to write a post AND check/respond to emails in the 30 minute time frame I gave myself. Oh, also I learned that my blog looks really shitty in Internet Explorer browsers. Actually, I already knew this and didn't care because I didn't ever have to look at it in IE. Anyway, I'm probably never going to fix this. So, if you insist on using Internet Explorer to read my blog...oh well...sucks to be you, I guess.

Not too much to report this week. A good portion of people I know weren't even in Hamburg for most of the week, but rather in such exotic locales as: Toulouse, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Sylt, Munich (I think) and, the always lovely, Ruhrpott (what what, indeed). This left me pretty much to my own devices, which is actually not really any different from the last 3 weeks...except it somehow seemed much more boring for some reason.

Our "third roommate" -- a spider named "Spidey" that lives on the ceiling of our living room -- has been keeping me company. I told him (or her, who knows?) that we'll be cool as long as he stays on the ceiling. But that I cannot guarantee his safety should he choose to hang out somewhere else -- such as the ground, the couch, or anywhere on my person. It's nothing personal, it's just that where I grew up -- sometime after learning about proper tornado procedures and the dangers of playing around abandoned oil fields -- I learned about not fucking around with spiders...or freakin snakes, man. I've grown rather fond of you in the past few days, Spidey, but I will stomp the shit out of you if I catch you on the floor.

Lastly, in "If You Don't Know, Now You Know, N***a"-News: Altona is apparently THE spot now. Toby moving basically down the street and around the corner from our new place has pretty much cemented this fact. Eppendorf is out, Altona is the new Barmbek. To give you an idea of what I mean, there's this guy I keep seeing near the Altonaer Poststrasse who seriously looks like a cross between (the late) Rudolf Mooshammer and Apu from The Simpsons. The combination blows my mind...and you probably still don't get what I mean, but it's just about the most awesome thing ever. Just like Altona.

P.S. I'm also pretty psyched about the possibility of karaoke at Wonfuzius' bday shindig next weekend (which is also in Altona, btw). That shit is fun, yo.

No comments: