Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Quickies #8 - Extra Long Super (with wings)

A couple of quick things this morning:

Schmidt's fancy new bed arrived yesterday. It's pretty sweet. Not to mention enormous. Later in the evening, after it was assembled and we had eaten dinner, the two of us stood in his room marveling at the sight of this piece of furniture. Seriously, for about half an hour we just stood around looking at his bed.

After awhile, I said, "Hey, Schmidt, I think your bed is basically the same size as my room."

He did a few quick calculations and we discovered that his bed is actually a mere 2m2 smaller than my enitre room. That's right. The area of his bed -- tatami mats included -- is 7m2. My room is a whopping 9m2. Klein aber fein (small but nice), as the Germans say.

Anyway, this just means that we'll have to institute a weekly slumber party in his room. It'll be great. We'll braid each other's hair and give ourselves manicures, trade gossip and eat chocolate ice cream. You think I'm kidding, I'm totally not.

In other news, you may have heard about Boeing's new 787 Dreamliner. Or not, who knows? I live with an airplane engineer, so I kinda pick up on this kind of stuff.

I mentioned to him that I thought the name "Dreamliner" was pretty dumb. He countered that Boeing's ad campaign has been pretty successful thus far. I said, the name sounded like a brand of adult diapers.

We both pretty much agreed that the plane's styling is more than slightly reminiscent of Always Ultra Maxi Pads.

(Click Below for Comparison)



Boeing's latest attempt to thwart the progress of Airbus:
(photos via: markjhandel @ flickr)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


and

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Always' classic product for thwarting heavy flow days:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Dreamliner...pantyliner. I think you see where I'm going with this.

Coincidence? We think not.

No comments: