Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Shitty Metaphors #2 - "They spinnin, n***a!"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


You know that trick where a magician or whatever tries to keep a bunch of plates spinning on the ends of different sticks? Sometimes I have the feeling that's kind of what my life is like at the moment. Optimally, all the plates are spinning with enough momentum to keep all of them from falling, but inevitably one or more will start slowing down and you gotta take your eyes off of the big picture and attend to those other ones for a moment. Sometimes one plate will just fall and break and your first reaction is to go like, "Oh shit" and stop and look at the broken plate. The problem is that this can distract you to the point where when you finally look at the other plates again, they're all wobbly and shit and you have to get them spinning again so that you don't end up with an even bigger mess on your hands.

I don't know what this all means, but I kind of just thought about how one time I thought I was losing my shit and Pickles went out and got me a whole bunch coffee mugs from the dollar store and, late one night, we went into the backyard and smashed them all. I gotta say, it felt pretty damn good. And even though I want to keep the rest of my plates spinning... I do have a huge urge to seriously fuck some shit up.

No comments: