Social Icons

Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Do it



Save the Grindel

Look, I'll be the first to admit. I don't really like going to the movies. I don't like the other people there whispering and talking through the movie. Crunching their crunchy snacks, gum smacking, drink slurping. I hate that I can't drink anything during a movie because I can't tell the dudes to pause it while I go pee. And I'll inevitably have to go pee, because my bladder is small and fills up quickly. Additionally, having the equivalent of a movie theater in my living room renders going to the cinema somewhat superfluous. I can see just about any movie I want (if I wait long enough). I can eat an entire meal or drink a case of beer then spread out on my couch in a blanket and watch a movie just like that. And I can usually watch it in German or English or with whatever subtitles I want.

What I'm trying to say is that if the Grindel goes out of business, it's not going to affect my life that much -- except for more people are going to want to come to my apartment to watch movies. I don't want this to happen. It's tough enough with just Schmidt taking up the other end of the sofa with his legs spread out all over the place.

So, download the flyer, tell your friends, sign the petition -- because I'll be damned if y'all think you're gonna be all up in our place, whilst I'm tryna get my Filme gucken on.

No comments: