Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Filler Post #59 - I'm too short to reach this bar, which I've apparently set too high


I started planning out Schmidt's birthday in my head around the end of last month/beginning of this one. I feel like Schmidt hasn't really given it that much thought at all. As he put it, "What happened to the days when you could just buy a bunch of beer and invite people over? The rest pretty much works itself out..."

This was apparently the strategy he used for our housewarming party.

Ahem...*cough cough*

I honestly don't know why I'm putting so much effort into this shindig. It's kinda crazy if you think about it, because it's not like it's MY birthday or anything and if it were, I probably wouldn't really give a shit. However, I have an uncontrollable urge make my roommate smile and I want everything to be just right. 27 was a rough year for him, I feel like Year 28 should start out on the right foot. The foot of awesomeness, that is.

This is why I spent a good portion of the evening baking a test cake. I've made quite a few cakes in my day...but nothing quite like this. Since Thursday and Friday are gonna be busy, I figured I should try it out now and see where the snags are, so that everything will run at least semi-smoothly when I'm on the clock.

Anyway, this was a pretty lame update. Tune in later today...I'll try to make it up to you all.

No comments: