Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Real Name, No Gimmicks


Artist rendering


I'm short two batteries to make my digital camera function, so I created this picture to give you an idea of what my new bike looks like. Admittedly, I took a few liberties in it's creation -- for instance, you can't see the awesome high-security ABUS lock that Frosty contributed. Otherwise, it's a pretty realistic rendition, I think.

I got off work a bit early today so that I could spend some quality "get to know you (sober)" time with my new set of wheels. However, in order to get to know someone, you first have to know their name, right? And just a plain old factory name won't do. So, I rode around for awhile and pondered what I was gonna call it.

On the one hand, it's a pretty bad ass bike, you know? I mean look at it. Do it. It says Avalanche on the side, which immediately makes me think of the baddest bad ass ever -- MacGyver...cause you know he was caught in an avalanche once, but totally survived and I can really relate to that.

But then, it's got the shades of baby blue and if you look closely at the cool design and you can clearly make out some hearts and butterflies and whatnot...which is way girly, for sure.

I decided that both of these aspects definitely needed to be reflected in my bike's name

Then, while I was riding around, the following song started to play on my mp3 player:


ACDC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

And...for some reason...the word "obliteration" popped into my head.

As such, my new bike's official name (if were to have something such as a "birth certificate") is The Obliterator Bicycle, which shortens to Obie Bice... or just plain Obie (or O.B. if you're lazy). Bad ass...without losing that feminine edge. Get it?

It works on so many levels. I asked Obie and she's totally cool with it.

No comments: