Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Neuerdings

Life without internet at home sucks. This is perhaps 100% due to the fact that me and the internets are like this, son. I mostly miss being able to look up random information whenever I want and checking my e-mail every 5 minutes. Also, skypin' with Frosty. I just gotta hold out for like 2 1 /2 more weeks, give or take.

I've been filling up my time by watching the third season of Lost. I kinda quit in the middle because it just got kinda boring for me. Then, I kept hearing from people (on the internet) about how good season 4 was -- and then, I realized that it'd probably be a good idea to watch season 3 first anyway. So, that's what I've been doing, partially with Frosty in a ritual described by Schmidt as "fucking adorable", in which we (Frosty and I) synchronize our video players and watch Lost together over the phone. I know, right?

Also, Schmidt and I have somehow managed to find ourselves with a PS2. It's like it just fell from the heavens and into our living room and hooked itself up to our video projector. Yes, almost exactly like that except replace "fell from the heavens" with "loaned to us indefinitely by Schmidt's new lady friend", where I view "indefinitely" to mean "for the extent of their relationship" -- and things are looking very good, if you know what I mean...

We played Need for Speed Underground this weekend. Since my personal "need for speed" is much, much lower than the national average, I drove at a reasonable speed in a Cadillac Escalade, while sitting on the sofa with my back at a 90° angle and my hands at 10 and 2 on the controller. For each race, I finished the 3 laps with an average time of slightly under 10 minutes -- much to Schmidt's annoyance, I might add.

For the record, however, Schmidt is just an easily annoyed person, in general.

No comments: