Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Life Recapped: The Office Party

There are a lot of things that I’ve wanted to write about since my last post, but things got in the way. When I say “things”, mean overwhelmingly “work” – because that’s what takes up my most of my time. Still, I’ll try to recap as best I can.

The Office Party:

Officially, I was part of the party planning committee for our office shindig. However, after our first (and only) meeting, wherein the majority of all of my suggestions were immediately shot down, I ceased giving a shit and let the other two committee members do whatever they wanted. Among other things, O.C.* (she of diarrhea- informing fame) dismissed my idea for making the party holiday neutral (to accommodate the 80% of our non-German, non-Christian employees) by saying “If they don’t celebrate Christmas, then they shouldn’t come.” Then as a party activity, she wanted to sing German Christmas carols. Then she declared that the ONLY valid Christmas colors are red and gold. And on and on with her petty OCD shit. The only contribution of mine that survived was my idea that people bring some kind of traditional dish from their homeland/region – but with the condition that O.C. had to approve of the dish “because you never know if it’s gross”. She complained about having to replace the pork in the recipe because of our Muslim colleagues. Oh and I got to make the music playlist. That's it.

Needless to say, by the time the party rolled around, I was not very much in the holiday spirit. Though the food and beer were quite delicious, I would have about two hours earlier if I weren’t officially part of the stupid planning committee and didn’t have to stay until the end to help clean up. Ugh. Awful.

*= O.C. stands for Office C**t, it’s mean but I don’t care.

No comments: