Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Christmas Story Part 2

THE BUILD UP

My previously mentioned insecurity (i.e. my imaginary (?) personality defect that I assumed to be the reason for not being introduced to his family earlier in the year) reared its big ugly head in the weeks leading up to Christmas. I really wanted to make a good first impression, but without making it look like I was trying too hard. To be honest, I haven't been introduced to that many parents (and approximately zero grandparents, uncles, aunts or cousins) of people that I've been involved with. I was nervous.

To console me, Frosty told me that they'd like me because he likes me and that was enough.

To prepare me, C. Dub told me that she and her parents (Frosty's grandparents) didn't see eye-to-eye on most issues and that family atmosphere could get a little tense, with Frosty sometimes caught in the middle.

Very reassuring.

No comments: