Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

...and if you can't be with the one you love, (cyber) stalk the one you're with


Note: You might be saying to yourself, "This song. I don't think it means what you think it means." To which I would first respond, "Or does it?" and then "Are you trying to tell me that you don't care for the Isley Brothers? Then maybe you should move to 'community China'"



Everyone should have their own Frosty. I mean not exactly like "my" Frosty, but something like their own equivalent, whatever that is.

Today is his birthday, his 23rd to be exact. I was there for 21 and 22. This year we won't be (physically) together for 23, but that, as the Germans say, is schnick schnack. I must say, I've got a pretty awesome boyfriend. Who'da thunk it? Not only is he thoughful, intelligent and funny as fuck, but also politically engaged and generally just on top of shit. Long distance relationships are not easy *sweeping understatement* but we've talked/skyped/etc almost everyday (not including visits) for the past 2 years and 3 months. And it's never boring.

This month, we haven't been able to talk as much as usual. He's been occupied with the strike for education reform at his university in Tübingen (as well as Germany and worldwide) and I've been looking for a new job. In spite of that, I've been following his activities. Via internet.

My latest "hobby" has been looking at picutres of the Tübingen educational reform strikes and trying to pinpoint Frosty in the pictures. It really helps that these days he's wearing his hair long and often in two (or more) asymmetrical pigtails.







LU baby... keep fighting the good fight. Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: