Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

xmas 2009: barneby


Barneby is quickly becoming my favorite location in Dresden. We (well, I) went there the first time back in June. It's a spacious and comfy bar where the drinks/food are affordably priced and you can choose from a bunch of board games. Four hundred and sixty-five, according to their "game menu" but many of those seem to be variations of dice-rolling or card games.

This is a picture of us playing a game called Stalinallee and of my 0.5L Staropramen (my beer of choice when in Dresden...yum!). The game is described here as "[a] simple game asking for knowledge about Stalinallee, Berlin, about 1950, with some more or less humorous elements drawn from GDR everyday life." That sums it up pretty well.

We didn't really get to complete the game, but I was declared the winner anyway.

No comments: