Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Shoe shopping


I wore my tore up green Etnies to work today, because I can do that.

I've been on the hunt for a green pair of sneakers for awhile now. I realize that I have the power of the internet at my fingers and I could probably re-buy the exact same model, but I feel like that would be cheating. I always feel like I need to have a pair of green shoes in my possession, but I want to respect the memory of the ones that came before.. It began with a pair of green canvas Nike low dunks that I "permanently borrowed" from my mom when I was in the 7th grade and abandoned in Dresden in 2005 (they were beyond saving).

It's probably not that big of a secret, but green is my favorite color.

The problem is that I have this tick where I need to actually see the shoe in real life. The shoes have to speak to me. Not like speak to me... that's just dumb. I mean, just get this feeling that the shoes will somehow make themselves known to me. I believe this -- I have to -- because I really hate shopping. Thirty minutes of walking through a store (or multiple stores, any store) is really pushing my limit. So I don't actively search, I casually gaze through some windows now and again (time permitting).

Difficulties in finding the right shoe include: wrong shade of green (I don't like the neon variants), disgusting color combinations (ex: green/yellow= reminds me too much of the school colors in junior high or olive green/pink = WTF? No), high tops are too high maintenance and, lastly, the most recent candidates have only been available in dude sizes. The last issue is proving to be the most problematic, as I tend to be drawn to the men's styles...but my feet are too small.

That said, I've noticed these green Adidas Gazelles with the white stripes at two different shops now and I think they might be the one(s?)

As long as I can find them somewhere in size 37-38...

and for a reasonable price.

No comments: