Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

R.A.P. statt E.K.G. - July 2010



Better late than never, here's the latest R.A.P. statt E.K.G. show.

I haven't made it a big secret that most of our shows have been pre-produced. Not only that, I think Zilv and I have only managed to both be in the studio while the show is airing twice. Those were are first two shows and I was unemployed at the time. However, this month marked the first time since then that we both managed to not be working between the hours of 5pm and 7pm on the second Friday of the month. Since we did the show live, we had to get the recording from the radio station server and to do that someone's gotta be in the main office to let us in. Hence, the lateness.

As usual, my playlist didn't solidify until the last minute. And because of work, I couldn't think of really anything clever that I wanted to say about the music. So we both just decided to wing it and host the show live.

It was hot as all get out last Friday. I think we were both a little delirious from the heat. Plus, I had gotten maybe two hours of sleep the night before, because it was basically just too hot to sleep, and Zilv was a little hungover from an evening at The Bench. Even when we're not fighting exhaustion, we both have the tendency to give each other the giggles without really having to say much. This is either annoying for the listeners or (as I always like to think) hilarious. At one point, I was so tired and just couldn't stop thinking about the heat and Zilv said something in German and I totally couldn't understand a single word that she said. (Turns out it was a quote from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

That said, doing the show live was a lot of fun. Some people even called the studio. Okay...they were people that we knew, but still...it's always nice to know that someone out there is listening.

Next time though, we'll probably make the instrumental sections a bit longer so we can talk more and not have to rush into the next song. I didn't get the chance to announce the songs, so if you're curious about a track then let me know and I can tell you more about it.

Listen and enjoy!



Part 1 - Sista Sista



Part 2 - Dr. Nic

No comments: