Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

R.A.P. statt E.K.G. - August 2010

Milk Coffee & Sugar - Prévu, pas prévu

I'm posting this month's show as one file, since I don't feel like cutting it into two parts. I'm contemplating switching to SoundCloud widget since some people have had trouble downloading the file from DivShare. If this is the case then send me a mail and I'll hook you up.

Once again, Zilv and I had to pre-record the show because of her work schedule. This time we thought we'd be clever and just record the show as though it were live, think that it would take (tops) 2 hours and then we'd be done. However, at the radio station we encountered some technical problems with the equipment -- namely, that you can't do a simultaneous playback & record on the computer in the studio. I'm not sure if this is a computer issue or a Linux issue, but it was quite an annoyance and we spent two hours trying to just get it to work.

Note: Whenever we pre-produced before, we would just record the spoken parts alone and then edit it into the mix afterward.

Anyway, by the time we got to the part where we could actually record, we were both tired and just wanted to get it over with. We both had general notes about what we wanted to say, but everything ended up being more or less spontaneous -- very apparent in certain parts -- but we stuck to our decision to keep rolling and not re-record anything.

Music-wise, this was one of my favorite shows. Zilv made a mix featuring lot of Wu-Tang tracks and my part of the show was a bunch of French hip-hop. At first, I had planned to do a half German, half French show -- but I felt like the two styles really clashed. It's also the first show without a Dr. Nick intro.

Furthermore, I was very hesitant about saying the names of the artists/songs on the air for fear of completely butchering them (even though I more or less wrote out the names phonetically in my notes). So, if your curious, you can check out the playlist after the jump.



K.I.Z. - Rohmilchkäse
Disiz la Peste - Systeme D
Sniper - Quoi qu'il arrive
Saian Supa Crew - Maladie
Saian Supa Crew - Pitchy & Scratchy Show
Saian Supa Crew - Freestyle
Milk Coffee & Sugar - Prévu, pas prévu
IAM - Dangereux
Lunatic - Avertisseurs
Shurik'n - Samurai
Oxmo Puccino - Masterciel
Alliance Ethnik - Represente
Diam's - Madame qui?
Soprano - Halla halla

No comments: