Social Icons

Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

R.A.P. statt E.K.G. - December 2010


Pigeon John - Hello Everybody
(watch out for the shocker!)


Last radio show of the year, mutha-effers! In the course of 12 months, we've gone from producing the show in our kitchen, semi-planned out. To saying shit off the top of our heads, live on air...boo-yah!

Starting next month, I'll be responsible for both hours by myself (most of the time). Zilv got a new job as a trauma/paraplegic care nurse (I don't know what the technical term for it is in English). But she's happy to be out of elderly people care. Not because of the old people, but because where ever you are in the world it's one of the most under-appreciated positions that you can have. Additionally, she is working on making her way back to Australia -- the process is very time consuming.

So, since I was in charge of planning this month's two hours, I decided to give people a taste of what's to come when I play English-language rap. Not that I don't like the music that Zilv plays, but in terms of style -- what we like can be a bit different.

Moreover, everything under the hip-hop umbrella is up for grabs. And here I mean everything that I like. And by like I mean it's not limited to a language or a country.

Still, over the year people have come to associate my part of the show with German hip-hop. That's not bad, but I've had some people criticize my personal taste in German hip-hop. Nowhere important & mostly via Myspace (which sounds redundant). What I hope I've been able to impart to people is that 1.) I like the hip-hop, but I possess no technical DJ skills 2.) I don't really care if you don't like hip-hop or don't like the same kind of hip-hop that I like. That's your opinion -- but I'm the one with the ovaries big enough to host a radio show. Therefore, I play music that I like...maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. 3.) I'm sorry if you don't like the music...wait...no I'm not.

After recording a show, I listen to it for at least a week afterward. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Even the ones dedicated to

My original plan was to do either a Quannum Projects show, specifically a Pigeon John (mulatto rappers represent) show -- that didn't happen. I really wanted to play the song in the video above, but I cut it in favor of "Originalz ft. Myka 9" from the Pigeon John is Dating Your Sister album, which has so many good songs.

Two whole hours!!! I don't know what I'm going to do with it most of the time. I'm going to try to smack you with some knowledge. Not this month...but next month is a whole 'nother year.








Playlist after the jump



1. Unity Committee & Rebels of Rhythm (Jurassic 5) - Unified Rebelution / Ozomatli - Cut Chemist Suite
2. Chali 2na - Comin' Thru
3. I Self Divine - Ice Cold
4. Dead Prez - Hell Yeah
5. Sean Price ft. Chaundon - Hearing Aid
6. Boot Camp Clik - Yeah
7. Pigeon John ft. Myka 9 - Originalz
8. Chali 2na - So Crazy
9. O.C. - My Craft
10. Brother Ali - Fresh Air
11. Pigeon John - Money Back Guarantee
12. Fashawn - Life as a Shorty
13. Wale ft. K'Naan - Um Ricka
14. K-Os - Fly Paper
15. Atmosphere - Mattress
16. Dujeous - Bust yo shit
17. Dujeous ft John Legend - Pro Choice
18. Latyrx - Rankin' No. 1
19. J-Zone - A Friendly Game of Basketball
20. The Herbaliser ft. Jean Grae - Nahmean, Nahmsayn
21. Dilated Peoples - Proper Propaganda
22. U-N-I - Castlevania
23. Kid Sister - Let Me Bang 2009
24. Chemical Brothers ft. Fatlip - The Salmon Dance
25. The Pharcyde - Illusions
26. Chiddy Bang - Slow Down
27. Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness
28. Kid Cudi ft. Cee-Lo - Scott Mescudi vs the World
29. The Coup - Wear Clean Draws

No comments: