Social Icons

Pages

Monday, March 04, 2013

Es gibt nur cool und uncool und wie man sich fühlt

From this evening's telephone conversation with Mama C.Dub

Me: So, yeah, after next year I could officially apply for German citizenship. I've been seriously considering it.

C.Dub: *laughs*

Me: No, really. I mean, maybe not immediately after next year, but, you know, sometime in the next few years. So far, being in the U.S. citizen line going through U.S. customs is the last "advantage" that I actually don't care about giving up.

C.Dub: *uproarious laughter*

Me: What's so funny about that?

C.Dub: There are just so many Germans and other Europeans, who would love to get American citizenship and you'd give that up for German citizenship. I just thought about how they would think that's possibly the uncoolest thing that a person could ever do. *laughs*

Me: Yep, that's me.

No comments: