Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gravity Flight to Liquor Day



Just finished playing through Blendo Games’ Gravity Bone (free) and Thirty Flights of Loving (not free, but available on the Blendo website & Steam) for what feels like the 100th time, while preparing for a PowerPoint presentation on both games. They're both short-form/interactive storytelling/ "first person walkers". In other words, not really what you expect out of a video game, but very engaging stories nonetheless. Gravity Bone starts off with very familiar first person shooter elements, before pulling the rug out from you. Thirty Flights is...what it is. I can't say more than that without it being a spoiler alert.

I want to make stories that feel like that.

“That” being the near indescribable feeling of, “What was I just doing in the last 15 minutes and why did I think it was so cool?”  The game envy is strong in me tonight.

On a completely unrelated note, the Quake 2 engine, cube-headed people graphics totally made me think of a scene from the movie, Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day.

No comments: