Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Filler Post #72 - Wrap it up, B

I padded this weekend with a few days off, so that I could try to get (or keep?) my head on straight as I plow through to the end of the year. There are only a few more weeks until I'm off for the holidays and I feel like I've lost some of my focus. It could just be general early-winter malaise. It could be that it will probably take awhile until this time of year doesn't feel like a big pile of suck. So in the interest of semi-productivity, here are a few things that I want to check of my to-do list with whatever remaining time I have left this year:

1.) Game pitch with Supa D - I think we're actually pretty close to getting this done and I don't think it's half bad. I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to polish it up in the next two days, but I can see myself putting this one in the "done" pile by the end of the month.

2.) Finish (or at least prototype) my own interactive story - Wanna know why I haven't written about Adventures in Narrative Design in awhile? It's because Narrative Design is less of an adventure at the moment and more of just a conscious decision to not murder people on a daily basis. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but the next person who says, "Nobody reads the text" or "Just [insert stupid idea here] and the text basically writes itself!" or anything along those lines...will be murdered in my thoughts. Anyway, this is probably what I'll spend a decent chunk of time working on during Christmas break.

3.) Bulldoze my way through untouched games in my Steam library - Damn you, Humble Bundle and misc gift codes and whatnot. I don't know if I'll finish them all by year's end, but I'm damn sure going to start them all. This is the second goal of my Christmas holiday. Thrilling, I know.

4.) Find my "go to" baking recipe - I've been doing a lot of baking recently. I just want to find that one recipe where I'm like, "Oh...someone's throwing a ______ party? I will bake this, because it's delicious, easy to do, but looks more complicated than it actually is." I don't know what it'll be yet, but I know it won't be croissants. Those motherfuckers take like 2 days. Fuck that shit.

5.) Curtains & lighting - This one's gonna be sorta easy, since I'm going to IKEA on Tuesday. The difficult part will be deciding on the color scheme. But year, I'd like to end the year with proper lighting and a bit of privacy. And because I'm an adult who has been living in an apartment without curtains or hanging lights for a year.

I think that's about it for now. Don't want to cram in a bunch of objectives in at the last minute, but 5 sounds like a reasonable enough number. 


No comments: