Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Work Convos #1 - Cat of the Week

I often find myself in a bizarre conversation at work, usually with my boss, but also with the other members of my department. I'll try to keep track of my favorites and post them occasionally. Starting with this one from last week (and cross-posted from my tumblr)

 

My Boss: [New co-worker] just asked how the “Cat of the Week” system works.
Me: We have a system for that? It should be documented somewhere.
My Boss: You have to find a picture of a cat that represents the theme of the week and then send it by e-mail to the department. For instance, the theme could be “Overcoming Adversity” and it’s a picture of a cat stuck in a box.
Me: Just any old cat? What if it were Ryan Gosling wearing a cat costume?
My Boss: And what lesson could we learn from that?
Me: I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking. Your system is flawed.

*** 5 minutes later ***

My Boss: I googled “Ryan Gosling and cats” and this was the first hit that came up. What would you say the lesson here is?
Me: If you look back in times of trouble and only see one set of footprints in the sand, that’s when Ryan Gosling is carrying you. Off to Disneyland.

No comments: