Skip to main content

I said, "Turn my headphones, UP!"




Hey DJ...how YOU doin?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


See, I have this thing about DJs...

and I guess my thing is that I really like them. I mean...seriously. There's almost nothing hotter to me than a guy that can beat juggle and do awesome cuts and all that shit...

Conversely, there is almost nothing more unattractive to me than a really crappy DJ. As D, my crazy Senegalese friend, says, "It makes me want to put some voodoo on [their asses]." Not talking about those guys.

Anyway, to top it all off, DJs have hot gear. Turntables...the vinyl...and especially those cute little headphones...and, you know, that thing they do when they're cueing up the song on the record *sigh* A girl could daydream about it all day.

Well, at least this girl could.

DJs are definitely sexy. Now, let me tell you about something that's not.

Let me start off by saying, I don't really rate "being sexy on the job" very high (or anywhere) on my list of career priorities, but if I did, my current occupation would probably score "least sexiest"

...for lots of reasons, I suppose...

but mostly because I have to wear a retarded-ass headset all damn day.




Boner killer
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Stupid-ass, soul-sucking job...I fucking hate you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Taco Bell in Germany

 Last weekend, I crossed off a major item on my bucket list. I went to Taco Bell in Germany. "But Raven, shouldn't you aspire to better, healthier things that have a measurable positive impact on society?" I know that's what you're thinking, but I don't really give a crap... because you are not the boss of me.  I wanted Taco Bell, because it's probably the one thing from back at home that I crave the most. Say what you want about it (again, I don't give a crap), but get at me when you've spent years away from your homeland and are unable to acquire whatever nasty-ass comfort food is available wherever you're from. For me, my nasty-ass comfort food of choice is Taco Bell...with Sonic a close second. However, you can't even find Sonic all over the U.S. and I don't find myself craving burgers and hot dogs all the time (plus, those urges are a lot easier to satisfy than a craving for Mexican or Tex-mex).

The One Who Got Away (Part 6): PLOT TWIST

Quick Translation: This confirms that German citizenship will not be opposed, if within two years it can be verified that the aforementioned person no longer possesses citizenship for Trinidad and Tobago e   and/or has fulfilled the requirements for the loss of this citizenship and that nothing has happened in the meantime, which would forbid naturalization.  I almost forgot what it felt like to receive a industrial size dose of 100% homegrown German bureaucratic pedantry. Luckily, the German authorities will never leave you too long without a fix. You can count on that. As you can see from the picture above (and from my previous posts), Trinidad and Tobago e  had only been mentioned once in passing up until now, when I finalized my application and paid the fee. Mr. S: Your mother was naturalized in the U.S. after you were born? Me: Yes, but she never applied for Trinidadian citizenship for me, which would have had to have been done by my 18th birthday.  Mr. S: Ok. (Ac

The One Who Got Away (Part 5)

Pro tip: Don't estimate the amount of time it will take to review your citizenship application based on the amount of time it took to get the results of your citizenship test. So far, this has been the area of the German-side of the process that ran a little closer to my bureaucratic expectations, namely, if an official expresses a length of time -- e.g. 3-6 months -- things will start moving closer to the six month mark than the three month mark. Getting down to the wire, I was (and still am) slightly concerned that this would drag on and I would have to renew my U.S. passport first, since it's getting kinda close to the point where it's only valid for six months. This would have cost me 1.) more money 2.) plus a trip to a consulate that actually does shit for U.S. citizens 3.) money and time off work for a trip to Bremen, Berlin, or Frankfurt. As luck would have it, I finally received notification that the Germans are letting me in! The full term is that they are