Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I'm gonna go with "or what (the f***?!)"?




...and then my brain exploded
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Don't get me wrong, for the most part, I like being from Oklahoma. It's where I was born and raised, the cost of living is real, real low...and a good portion of the fam lives here.

But sometimes this place makes me want to scream. Or puke. Take your pick.

On occasion, I like to know what's going on in the news and around the world and such. Usually this craving arises over a bowl of cereal or a cup of coffee, and I find it convenient to keep some kind of newssource at hand.

I feel fortunate enough to not have to rely on The Daily Oklahoman for all of my news...not even really most of my news. Simply put, this publication sucks male genitalia of monster-sized proportions. In what kind of crackhead fantasy do NBA ticket sales trump a major (and "relatively nearby") city's evacuation?

Under the "GOING NOWHERE" headline is basically just a large picture of the traffic jam on I-45 out of Houston. Actual written coverage of the story doesn't really appear until page 4. But damn, isn't it great?! We done gone and got ourselves an NBA team...and the tickets are selling like hotcakes! Fuck this state's newspaper. They might as well write something like:

Dear Texas,

what's up? We just wanted to let you know that should Texans feel the need to evacuate to our state, then they will be welcomed with open arms.

And when we say "Texans" we mean your NFL team, the Houston Texans. Or the Astros, for that matter...and, oh yes, the Rockets. We'll take what you got. *Coughsuckerscough*

Your Pal,

Oklahoma





see title
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Anyway, my thoughts and prayers go out to Jen's parents and grandmother. I'm also glad that Pam is in Hamburg and that my sister and her family don't live in Galveston any more...and in general I hope everything will be ok.

No comments: