Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2005

"Stay in drugs, don't do school"




Mmmmkay?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Ok, by some strange, cosmic coincidence...a bootleg copy of the movie The 40-Year-Old Virgin briefly passed through my humble abode.

It was highly entertaining, but that's not the focus of this post.



This is:




'Hooked on Phonics' at work
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I know the person who wrote the words "40 Yard Virgan" on that DVD. And I shake my head in their direction. On the real, though, I can't clown too much, because the circumstances surrounding their lack of education are complicated and involve a level of personal sacrifice that most people I know would be incapable of giving.

Still, seeing this DVD brought back some memories of a very emotional argument that I had with this particular person about a month ago. An argument which took place in a car that I was driving, reached its peak when I was told "Basi-cally, I'm a dangerous person. I pull guns and knives on people and if a bitch is disrespecting me, I'll hit her" ... and ended with me screaming (among other things) "Jesus, shut the fuck up...fuck you, you ignorant motherfucker!" etc. An angry silence ensued until we reached our destination.

Upon reflection, a moving vehicle under my operation was probably not the wisest place for this kind of argument.

Anyway, I think of the "40 Yard Virgan" and it just takes some of the edge off. Kinda. I mean, I still wouldn't want to make a regular habit of kicking it with this person...and I most certainly don't want to be on the receiving end of one of their "lessons in respect." But it's kinda like, "Wow...dude, you're barely literate...and that's pretty sad..."

I guess it's a pretty good motivation to not be a total fuck up.

No comments: