Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

OK!




Can't argue with that (or can you?)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Little known fact: Malaysia has one hell of a jingle.

I should know, I've seen that commercial on CNN a lot. It totally rules (in comparison to, say, the Dubai commercial). In the song, they talk about stuff like the mountains and the sea. Kinda makes me really want to go there, even though I'm not so much into that nature stuff. Still, my oldest and dearest friend, Vijita, is Malaysian and any place I can vacation and not have to worry about paying for a hotel goes to the top of the list...

and that hella catchy tune doesn't hurt either.

The thing is, I'm not in Malaysia, I'm in Oklahoma...and in Oklahoma we have a song too -- a very descriptive song, as a matter of fact. However, I think that we could learn a lesson or two from Malaysia about tricking people (musically) into moving to/visiting Oklahoma, the 46th state of the Union and birthplace of the world's first rolling supermarket cart.

Seriously, who wants to go to a place where they're

"Gonna give you barley, carrots and potaters
Pasture for the cattle, spinach and tomaters
Flowers in the prairie, where the june bugs zoom
Plenty of air and plenty of room
Plenty of room to swing a rope..."


If you're a vegetarian, you might be pretty psyched about all the grains and vegetables that we have to offer. But they lost me at prairies (allergies, hay fever, general aversion to nature) and the june bugs (ick). Let's not forget the rope swinging bit...yee haw...good times...

But air...I'm down with air...it's pretty useful...for breathing and such.

I'm less down with air in its "wind form", but I suppose, I can't deny the truth in the advertising. I mean it's not like they didn't warn us. Hell, we are the state "where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain", are we not?




Where the wind came sweeping down my street and knocked down our fence...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


*Sigh*

You can't even begin to imagine how much I totally wish that wasn't really our backyard fence lying on the ground...

No comments: