Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Filler Post #24 - What part of "I'm illiterate" do you not understand?

Damn you, Toby, you've discovered my one weakness, seeing my name on other people's blogs. Prepare to be unimpressed...


Currently Reading?

~ Michael Connelly - Lost Light

Last Three Books You Read (for fun)

~ Dan Brown - Deception Point

~ Karrine Steffans - Confessions of a Video Vixen

~ Orson Scott Card - The entire Ender series (I thought I'd lump them all together, since they're all kinda related to the same story)

Last Three Books You Read Because You Had To

Good God, like I can remember...it's been like 3 years since I've had to read a book...and I don't feel like going to the garage to look inside my Big Green Trunk O' Books I Had To Read For Class...so, off the top of my head, here are the last 3 books I remember reading in my last semester of college

~ Gustave Flaubert - Madame Bovary

~ Dai Sijie - Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

~ Stefan Zweig - Die Welt von Gestern

Three Books on Your "To Read Soon" List

~ I've never really planned to read a book, and I don't intend on starting now

Last Three You Started But Didn't Finish (not counting what you are reading now)

~ Patricia Cornwall - Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper Case Closed. My stomach couldn't really handle the graphic forensic details of the murders...I held out for about 3/4 of the book, then just finally gave up. Blame the difficulty I have falling asleep combined with an over-active imagination...

~ Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray. I've been trying to finish this one for almost like 5 years now. The problem is that I'll start reading it, then put it down and then misplace it for a year, only to run across it again, then I think, "Oh yeah, I was reading this, wasn't I?" (then repeat)

~ James Joyce - A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. Immature and unrefined, the 17-year-old Raven hated this book and the style in which it was written. She refused to finish it, instead choosing to write about any other book except for this for her IB World Lit essays. Would I feel the same if I started reading that book today? Do I care? Does it matter? Um, no.

Thickest Book Near You

~ Criminology: Explaining Crime and Its Context. Did I mention Robbyn is majoring in Criminal Justice and 95% of the books in the bookcase in my room belong to her?

Thinnest Book Near You

~ U.S. Department of Education - Higher Education Opportunities for Minorities and Women -- Annotated Selections. Hmmmm....

Last Three Books You Received as a Present

Note: Aside from the time my Aunt Mary gave me the entire set Anne of Green Gables books when I was like 9-years-old (I don't know why she did this, lord knows I could have done without them) and when Aliya gave me the book Ivy Days as a graduation present, the only person who gives me books as a present is Katie. Remember, people, she is a publishing industry professional. In other words, unless you are my NSLP, do not send me books.

~ The Great American Pop Culture Quiz Book

~ Jill Conner Browne - The Sweet Potato Queens' Field Guide to Men: Every Man I Love Is Either Married, Gay, or Dead

~ A bunch of Newberry Award winning books

Last Three Books You Gave as a Present

~ James Frey - A Million Little Pieces

~ James McBride - The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother

~ Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Chronicle of a Death Foretold

No comments: