Social Icons

Pages

Monday, March 27, 2006

Filter Post #25 - "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you"

I think I've been pretty good about posting regularly this week. So, I don't feel so bad that Toby called me out again.

Directions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question.

You might notice that when I couldn't make the song title fit, I used a bit of the song text. It was kinda fun, try it out if you want.


How does the world see me?
Strong Arm Steady - Get Your Bars Up
"So you suck. No friends, no fans, no hoes to fuck. You need to listen to us and just get your bars up..."

Hm, I don't like this game so far...


Will I have a happy life?
Slim Thug - So Incredible (ft. Jazze Pha)
"Hell, I can't complain it's a beautiful feelin, from bein broke on your ass, to having cash to the ceiling."


What do my friends really think of me?
Deichkind - Geheimnis
"Wie macht ihr das? Geiheimnis. So ist das, so bleibt es..."


Do people secretly lust after me?
Curse - Wir erwarten zu viel
"Wir lern uns nie wieder kennen, und wir vergessen bisher, ok?"

So yes, but it clearly won't work out

How can I make myself happy?
Lady Sovereign - Random (A. Brucker & Sinden Vocal Mix)
"Everybody get random, just do somethin' random"

Actually the best line in the song is:
"Ding dong, special delivery...biggest midget in the game, can't get ridda me..."

but it doesn't really have that much to do with me making me happy. This song is muthafuckin tight though...if I could choose, it'd be my Signature Dancing Song


What should I do with my life?
Blackalicious (ft Kween & Lyrics Born) - Give It to You
"If you want it, hey you got it, you don't have to wait"


Will I ever have children?
Beginner - Fäule
"Wer Hip-hop macht, aber nur Hip-hop hört betreibt Inzest..."

Ähmmm, nein danke...

What is some good advice for me?
Tenacious D - City Hall
"Lots of times when me and KG are watching all the fuckin shit that goes down at city hall, we get the feeling we should fuck shit up, yeah we should fuckin start a riot!"


How will I be remembered?
Dane Cook - Struck by a vehicle
"I love getting struck by vehicles and sometimes I'll kick my own shoes off in a fit of joy."

This isn't actually a song, it's from a comedy album...a really funny one at that. But maybe it will make people think about how much I DON'T want to get struck by a vehicle.

What is my signature dancing song?
Flii Stylz & Tenashus - Break It On Down (Battlezone)

This is funny, because I downloaded this song like months ago at the same time when I downloaded the Lady Sovereign song and forgot it was in my files until right at this moment. I was like, "What the fuck is this?" and had to check the tag. But I'd totally dance to it...so...


What do I think my current theme song is?
Atmosphere - Apple
"Just cause you're an MC doesn't mean that you get to be an asshole. Just cause you're a man, doesn't mean you get to act like a bitch."


What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Reel Big Fish - Don't Start a Band
"You will be so damn terrible, they will think you're shitty and bland...you won't get paid and you won't get laid"

Ok, mental note to self...don't...start...a...band... *places post-it note on computer monitor*


What song will play at my funeral?
Eminem - Rain Man (Instrumental)

I'm glad it's the instrumental and not that actual song, because what if I died in an accident where my legs got cut off? Say getting struck by a vehicle (see above). That would make this a highly inappropriate song.


What type of men/women do I like?
Reel Big Fish - Drinkin
"I've gotta friend, he's in my hand, he understands, he said with me everything won't be so bad..."


What is my day going to be like?
Aceyalone & RJD2 - Cornbread, Eddie & Me
"Fight somebody your own damn size..."

No comments: