Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Better late than never




Nah'mean, nahm' sayin'? Of course you don't.
Image hosting by Photobucket


Last Saturday was Robbyn's Twenty-***th Birthday Curry and Chicken Wings Extravaganza. That's just what I'm calling it, because these types of events have to be named, you know. My brother Darron hosted the impromptu shindig and came up with the menu, and truth be told, the food was good. The beer -- called Lost Lake, a brand I've never heard of before -- left something to be desired (like, say, the desire for good beer):

"This stuff smell[s] like sweet corn that [has] been soaked in pure alcohol for weeks and then [had] some rotten peas thrown in for good measure. Tastes like moldy corn and is overly sweet."

Apparently, there is a beer cheaper than Old Milwaukee...and Lost Lake be thy name. I drank it anyway, since I'm on a budget and haven't aquired a taste for E&J VSOP (and don't really plan to). I think it was a lesser of two evils kinda thing.

It was something of a bittersweet event -- for reasons that I don't want to get into on the internet -- but fun was had. So, I present you with some not-so-candid moments from the party:






Darron's girlfriend, Christy (left), posing with the bday girl. They are some angry bitches...just kidding, Robbyn, you're not angry, just heavily-armed ;)
Image hosting by Photobucket






Seriously, my dad loves the sistas...
Image hosting by Photobucket






My drunk father forced Darron to refrain from mean-muggin in this photo. Darron obliged. The iced-out grill starter kit was provided by my brother Junior (not pictured). Despite the circumstances, I think this is a cute pic.
Image hosting by Photobucket






Me and Dad...and his Revolution Hat. Supposedly, that's his "Dad-Look"...either that or "Blue Steel"
Image hosting by Photobucket



For shits and giggles, I decided to run the photo through MyHeritage.com's face recognition after being tipped off by the fellas at Poplicks.com.

Results:





Man, if I had a nickel for every time someone said I'm like 38 percentage points from being Anna Kournikova's doppelgänger[in]...then I'd be living in a van...down by the river.
Image hosting by Photobucket



More surprising (or perhaps not)? I bear a 66% resemblance to German director Wim Wenders...

Personally, I call shenanigans.

No comments: