Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Note to self...




Fuck yeah
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


...Arschgeige is a very funny word to me. It literally translates into "ass violin", which brings a smile to my face every time.

S.A.M. III used it last night in reference to the World Cup douche-fans littering the streets of Hamburg's red light district. It's one of those words that I had heard before, but for some reason, never really stopped to think about what it meant until that moment.

André maintained that "cockbag" (German: Pimmeltasche) could be an ersatz word for Arschgeige in English. At the time, I agreed, as nothing better came to mind. However, upon further reflection, I would like to throw the word "asshat" into consideration.

Cockbag comes across a bit too harsh, but the word asshat keeps it light, while still implying that the idiots carousing out on the streets are complete and total douches, but there's just nothing they can do about it.

By degree of severity, I think it goes:

asshat => douchebag => assdouche => cockbag

I don't know really, that's just my theory. I'll have to give it a little more thought.

No comments: