Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Give me 3 1/2 minutes (to get my priorities straight)

0.00 Two understatements: I'm lazy and have a short attention span, and I'm stubborn. That's three. I guess we can round that off to 4 things, because I also suck at math. Anyway, things get done, just perhaps not in the most "preferred" order. Just this evening, looking into design ideas for my roommate's myspace artist page (my next web-project) I got distracted, started clicking all sort of random links in the comments section of a CSS design blog, which somehow led me to wikipedia where I spent a good hour clicking til I got to a page where I learned that tegestology is the word for the practice of collecting beermats. Also, I found out that beermat is the British word for beercoaster.

Prioritizing might just be the key to 2007, I'm not going to go so far as to call it a New Year's Resolution -- but I'll try my best to make sure that the first thing I do every morning is not login to my fake studivz.net account to check to see if T.G. has changed the relationship status part of his profile to "vergeben"... because it's borderline (ahem) stalkerish and is ultimately counterproductive for my daily workflow. Oh btw, I did manage to come up with a few ideas for that myspace page. 3.30

[EDIT: This post was inspired by Toby's Gib mir 3 1/2 Minuten blog, where he gives himself 3 1/2 minutes to write an entry (sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less...but always in German). I've been meaning to try my hand at it ever since he told me about it (oh so long ago) -- but I got distracted. It's definitely not as easy as he makes it look.]

No comments: