Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Filler Post #41 - The gift that keeps on giving

Last night I went with FeeBee, a colleague from work, to the 5th Annual Dynamic Stylez Hip-Hop Jam in the Markthalle.

I've been going to a lot of concerts as of late, thanks to awesome hook ups from work. I feel like I'm so close to achieving a very important professional goal of mine, namely to get free music and free concert tickets all the time.

I don't really get "tickets" to the concert per se. It's really just a spot on the guestlist and most of the time I'm allowed to bring a guest. Sometimes two (but usually just one).

Normally, my mind goes automatically to Andre, when I think about who to take as my "+1". This stems from a promise made to him long ago:

"Dude, I swear, we're gonna get into so many concerts!"

However, as of late, I feel like changing this policy, because the last two times I invited him to a show and he agreed to come, he ended up forgetting about the concerts and making other plans...

and not even like "good" plans, but really lame plans...

like the whole "Oh I forgot about the Blumentopf concert, but I made arrangements to chop wood in a Schrebergarten."

Granted he did make it to Blumentopf, though. He didn't make it to the concert last night. The subsequent cancellations of Buche and Wonfuzius turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because FeeBee and I sold off our "+1" spots for 10€ a piece. Hooray for drinkin' money!

Tuesday, it's off to see Kurtis Blow in Molotow.

Any takers?

No comments: