Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Filler Post #42 - Meine Freunde...

I think I need to start setting my sights on finding a group of friends who are less accomplished than the ones that I currently have. No offense, guys (and gals)...but could you (for my sake) stop being so good at life and just be losers...just for a little while...just until I catch up?

You can either be beautiful or successful, not both -- so go ahead and pick already, people.

I don't want to see any of you on Gawker anymore. First, because Gawker is mean. Second, because I don't think I could stand another such scalding from spilling hot coffee on myself in surprise.

Also, while we're at it guys... let's not author any more books. I mean, hooray for you and all...but this is not helping my self-esteem one bit.

On a more serious note, I think J. Courtney has been a bit misunderstood. She's like the Nas of the dating self-help book scene. A lot of people just couldn't get past the title Hip-Hop is Dead.

I remember having dinner with her, Miss Fee, and Hannah in NYC around the time when she was still drafting the book. The premise sounded good enough to me. Not my pint of beer, exactly...but, hey, it's not like I've ever even made the attempt to write something to help someone.

No comments: