Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Slow news day




Click for larger image
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Trini Mutti has been in the hospital for about two weeks (give or take) and I've been kind of shuttling between her place, my place and the hospital bringing her stuff as needed, picking up mail and making somewhat of an attempt to keep her houseplants alive (which if you know me, you also know there's a reason why I don't have plants...).

I've also spent a few nights there, which is kind of an amazing feat because she doesn't have internet or TV (oh horror of horrors!!!) and can get by on entertaining herself with yoga and meditation. Luckily, she has books and a stereo...so...I mean, that's something...

The other day, she asked me to bring her some X-rays in a big envelope that her doctor needed to see. Inside this big envelope, I also found a 2-year-old issue of the The Daily Observer (pictured above), which is newspaper from Antigua (one of the places where TM is from*).

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty awesome front page... that's a lot of stuff going on that little island. Especially in comparison to the sample headline from The Observer website. But you know, not every day can be as action packed as September 6, 2004...

----------------
* = she's got three passports...and I'll leave it at that.

No comments: