Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

No...H*g you, man!



It's the 4th Annual Hug a Mulatto Day!!! Can you believe it? I can't. The Boy told me this morning that I should sleep in and go to work late and if the boss asked, then I should tell him it's a very important holiday. Unfortunately, we're not quite there yet. Perhaps next year when HaMD falls on a Saturday for its fifth anniversary. A gigantic party party with all of your favorite Mulatto stars will be the order of the day. Mark your calendars now. Do it.

Note: When I say "gigantic party" I mean something more along the lines of "an intimate social gathering" and by "all of your favorite Mulatto stars"...I mean, of course, "me".

By now, just about all of my friends know (and love) Hug a Mulatto Day (or else), which is pretty amazing for something I just kind of came up with at the spur of the moment. I found myself wishing that I had set my sights on something a little bigger than just hugs. It's too late to go changing it up now, though. So, hugs it is.

You should know the drill by now, but in case you're at a loss for Mulatto-appropriate activities today, here are just a couple of suggestions (in addition to the hugging) from off the top of my head:

1.) Drink a celebratory glass of Extreme Hot Cocoa.

2.) Contribute to the Barack Obama campaign.

3.) Send Halle Berry some nursing bras.

4.) (Consentually) Hump a Mulatto.

You get the idea.

So, my Mulatto brothers and sisters (biological or not), go forth and feel hugged. I dedicate the following song to you. Although it was neither written by or explicitly for Mulattos. It was in a little movie called Karate Kid and I think it aptly sums up my feelings about you all.

Viva la Mulatto Revolution!


Joe Esposito - You're the Best

No comments: