Social Icons

Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Whatever gets you through the day

I'm back at work, all is well.

It's no secret, I am a lazy, lazy person. My distaste for working is at the very least slightly higher than the average person's. The problem is, I really like my job. I mean, that's a good thing -- since, I chose to take the legal route to fight for my right to keep said job...and, having won, now have some lawyer fees to pay. It's difficult to explain these conflicting sides of my personality (hate to work/love my job).

Luckily, part of the reason I love my job so much is that I can justify a lot of the things that you guys do (e.g. websurfing, timewasting) as more or less legitimate work. I can read about Kayne beating Beyonce at a game of Connect Four or Slim Fast offering a reportedly not-so-Slim Shady a spokesperson deal and no one in the office bats an eye.

I'm only human, though. Wikipedia can be a real distraction. Sometimes I just want to find out some info about an artist's discography or production notes -- and 30 mins and 50 clicks later, I wind up at a site like MulattoMatch.com.


"Finally, an online dating site for Mulattos only!"


Yee haw! This site has been around for like 2 years! I've never heard of it, but I think it's just about the most awesomest accidental thing I've discovered. I was so excited about it, I sent the link to The Boy. He was less excited, since he has somewhat mixed feelings concerning the Mulatto Revolution and, despite my promises of a cushy position (tee hee) in the Fortress of Mulattotude (trademark pending?), he expresses these feelings by saying, "But aren't we ALL mulattos in a way?"

Not so much, but I admire his moxie. Also, why didn't I come up with this idea myself?!

Apropos mulattos, Jay Smooth, my favorite internet mulatto, put up a stirring MLK Day video post.


"Ten OTHER Things Martin Luther King, Jr. Said"


I could watch that over and over.

Lastly, not to downplay the importance of the previous video, but here is another video that I found today, which I can also watch over and over:



Schmidt got the DVD of all whole SEVEN episodes of Space Patrol. I saw the last half of one of the episodes and thought that I was on drugs; then, realized I wasn't on drugs; so, I went out to get some drugs; did drugs; then, thought to myself, "Wow, what a completely normal TV show. This makes so much sense." You can learn a lot about a different culture based on their original television programming.

That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: